The two basic functions for alcohol reception and continuous in-line blending system DIVA™
- reception of the raw alcohol from tankers with quantity detection, if desired suitable for Weights & Measures purposes
- blending with water to reduce the alcohol content to less than 76 % vol. with the aim of not being subject to the ex-regulations in different areas (ATEX)
The reception part is equipped with an air eliminator. Its task is to separate the air which is also conveyed in the pipeline from the liquid stream. A pump conveys the alcohol from the air eliminator through a mass flow meter to the mixing point. In the mass flow meter the alcohol stream is detected. The water stream is detected, too, and the flow is set by means of a control valve to the required mixing ratio. The alcohol content in the mixture is checked in a metering device.
- Blending of the products in the pipeline (no mixing tanks necessary)
- Highly precise due to use of precise metering units
- Complete compensation of deviations by the digital controller
- Easy handling
- Compact factory-tested device
The officially approved density metering system which is mounted in the outlet of the continuous in-line blending system determines the alcohol content of the alcohol/water mixture. The return of the metered alcohol value to the controller makes a highly accurate setting of the alcohol/water mixture possible.
The deviation range of the set alcohol/water mixture comes to approx. ±0.05 % vol. of alcohol.
The system is designed to be mounted in the hazardous area. Just the control is intended to be installed outside the hazardous area.
The ratio of alcohol and water is controlled in such a way that the alcohol content the operator desires is obtained in the mixture.
The controller calculates the water mass which is still to be dosed from the existing mass portion of water in the initial alcohol and the demanded mass portion of water in the mixture. Dosing deviations during the start are ‘pulse-accurately‘ detected and compensated.
For more information about the DIVA™ please refer to our data sheet D3746-00en (download):